FRESH VINTAGE WINES

Pinot Grigio

Chardonnay

Trebbiamo d’Abruzzo

Grillo

Vino Bianco

Montepulciano D’Abruzzo
DOP

Primitivo
Puglia

Negroamaro
del Salento

Nero d’Avola

Aglianico Beneventano

Cabernet Sauvignon

Vino Rosé

Vino Rosato

Vino Rosso

The story of Castannove

The Castel Nuovo Foundation (Castannove in dialect) dates back to the beginning of the 14th century when Filippo di Fiandra, the husband of Matilde di Cortinaco (daughter of Radulfus, who inherited the feud from Charles I of Anjou), hill top, present historical center. The presence of man in the territory of Castel Frentano, the country assumed this denomination in 1864, is remote, witnessed by certain huts of the Neolithic and three Italic graves (IV century BC). The site where the old town is currently located before 1300 was called the Upper Husband. The landmark rogue refers to the Longobard period and means: destroyed, uninhabited. The place was then inhabited since the Longobard era, a settlement which in turn could have been the evolution of a modest allocation almost certainly made up of a rustic Roman villa; they testify to some remains of pottery belonging to that era. In 1406 King Ladislaus confiscated Castel Nuovo to the Orsini, who had taken over to Philip of Flanders and handed him to Adriano Brancaccio, who became Duke of Castel Nuovo.

In 1706, after the death of Scipione Brancaccio, who did not leave heirs, the land of Castel Novo was granted to the Caracciolo, the princes of Santobuono, who obtained it with the title marquisate until the feudal revolution, which took place in 1806.

Heritage of the past remains interesting monuments: the parish church of Santo Stefano Protomartire, rebuilt in a neoclassical style in the second half of the eighteenth century near the previous parish; the sanctuary of Santa Maria Assunta, rebuilt in 1726 on the medieval Santa Maria della Selva; the Church of the Conception raised on the pre-existing church of San Giorgio; the Suffrage Church (Mount of the Dead), seat of the homonymous confraternity, early nineteenth century; Church of the Trinity, with the patronage of the building Vergilj, building 1720. Interesting are some palaces: the barons Vergilj (the beginning of its construction dates back to the first half of the 17th century); of the Marquis Crognale (second half of the eighteenth century); of the Marquis Crognali, Branch Antonio, (early 19th century); the nineteenth-century villa Cavacini.

On July 31, 1881, the eastern part of the country was affected by an imposing landslide that irretrievably ruined the urban structure.

For Castel Nuovo he passed the 220 km long Centurelle-Montesecco, which started a few kilometers from L’Aquila.